Most K-12 schools are back in session (in the U.S.) over the next few weeks. It is time to prepare to get back into the routine and get things in order. One thing to check on is your kids' devices to make sure they are setup with age-appropriate restrictions and parental controls. Done already? Ok. Here are some more resources to help you de-stress and stay in control over the next few days.
- Check out Common Sense Media's tips to navigate the social media landscape of high school, among other tips.
- USA Today's Jennifer Jolly takes a look at hottest tech gear that gives you bang for the buck.
- Edutopia's resources to help children begin school with a positive mindset.
- PTPA is back to talk about some must-have tech tools for elementary students.
- Great Schools has put together some great articles that cover shopping on a budget, getting organized, supporting children academically, among others.
The back-to-school season can be exciting, stressful, and everything in between. Whether you have a kindergartner just starting out or a teen in high school, media and tech will play a major role both during and after school. We offer practical advice on how to avoid the season's buying frenzy, recommendations for useful educational tools, and tips on helping your teen navigate the social media landscape of high school.
Read up. Get ready. Get organized. Get yourself and the whole family pumped up for a great school year!