Oh good! Fashionista reports that the Model Alliance, a new organization founded in part to serve and protect the interests of models, has found that around 30 percent of models have been sexually harassed, while a rocking 50 percent have been exposed to cocaine. Just in time for this statistically terrible news, a new crop of up-and-coming models is emerging, and they're all tweens. While we realize further calling attention to, say, a 12-year-old just increases their time in the public eye, we thought it would be worthwhile for you to know that the next pretty face you admire in Vogue might not yet be out of the seventh grade.
1. Thylane Blondeau: Blondeau made a splash over the summer, with an editorial in Vogue Paris, following a Vogue Enfants cover, all of which inspired a dedicated fan Tumblr (which seems to have since been taken down). There's no denying that the French child is lovely, but she was also only 10 at the time the Internet flap arose her appearance in Vogue for adults. Of the kids on this list, she's taken by far the most sophisticated fashion photos.
Meanwhile, it's possible Thylane has turned 11 since le scandale -- if so, hopefully the birthday party featured a pony or a water balloon fight or something, and didn't take place at Le Baron.
2. Anais Gallagher: The daughter of Meg Matthews and Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher, Anais unintentionally made headlines earlier this year when Matthews tweeted the above photo. Why was it remarkable? Well, aside from its inherent beauty, it was taken by none other than Mario Testino. While Anais was shot by one of the foremost fashion photographers in the world and is already signed with Select Models (they represent Agyness Deyn and Natasha Poly, among others), the 12-year-old allegedly won't commence professional modeling until she's a little older, which makes sense to us.
3. Kaia Gerber: Cindy Crawford's 10-year-old daughter has only had one modeling gig, but she made it a good one -- Kaia posed for Versace's new children's line. Though the shoot resulted in all of one image , the photo made instant Internet rounds. Crawford, however, says the picture was a one-off, and when Kaia's 17, she's free to pursue modeling if she so chooses.
4. Kiernan Shipka: The Mad Men actress recently made a brief foray into modeling with an editorial spread for Grazia. She's 12, but already making best-dressed lists. Of course, jumping from acting to modeling buys her some credit -- after all, she's already a working kid, so a photo shoot isn't such a big leap. It's a milieu with which the young professional is familiar, so she's set up better than others her age to handle it well.
5. Lottie Moss: Lottie, full name Charlotte, is on the fast track to modeling, due in part to her older half-sister, one Kate Moss. The 13-year-old has already done a test shoot, for Storm Model Management, though she isn't officially signed to the agency. Lottie's burgeoning career can be attributed to a healthy does of nepotism -- the Storm shoot came about thanks to the company's CEO, Sarah Doukas. Doukas was also the one to discover 14-year-old Kate, at an airport, way back when.
This post was originally published on The High Low.