When you're dating someone, you're bound to piss him off. In turn, he's bound to piss YOU off! Unless you're dating yourself (which would indicate severe problems), it happens and it's okay.
Sometimes, though, it's unavoidable. Sometimes you can stop making your partner mad pretty easily... if you just avoid a few basic triggers.
1) You text him. All. The. Time. Sure, it's nice to be in constant contact with the love of your life, but let the dude be. If he's working? LET HIM WORK. If it's guys' night? LET HIM PLAY. Unless you're on fire, give him his space.
2) You nag him. A lot. Sure, we all know the socks he carelessly leaves on the floor are annoying -- no question. But the solution is NOT to remind him of it all the livelong day. Explain that you would really prefer it if he managed to pick up after himself, thankyouverymuch. Then let it go.
3) You NEED him a little too much. In other words, you're needy. You can certainly make decisions that you bounce off him first, but you shouldn't need to run every little thing by him all day every day.
4) You mother him. Yeah, he could use a better belt, and sure, he should bother combing his hair, but he's an adult -- let him make those calls for himself. Resist the urge to go all Mother Hen on him.
5) You're clingy. Clinginess drives guys crazy, so don't be That Girl -- y'know, the one who shows up every day at his office to "surprise him," spends all her cell phone minutes talking to his voicemail and interrogating him when he's out of her sight for a few hours. Back off!
6) You overreact. Sure, it happens to us all. We hear something coming out of our guy's mouth that really makes us angry and we flip out. That's something WE can control -- and should! Otherwise, we're going to drive him insane. And NOT in a good way.
7) You don't give him enough attention. I know, I know, I'm sending mixed signals. But guys do like attention from their ladies, so make sure you give it to him. Not the stalky type of attention, though, or you're going to make him feel smothered.
What other things do women do that piss guys off?
More from The Stir: