Tap here to turn on desktop notifications to get the news sent straight to you.
The Chemical Marketplace: Popcorn Lung -- The Perils of Microwave Popcorn Return
Dean, Duke University's Nicholas School of the Environment
Last month a jury in Colorado awarded 59-year-old Wayne Watson $7.2 million from three companies for damages caused by microwave popcorn. The reason? In 2007 Mr. Watson contracted a rare but serious lung disease.
Man Wins $7.2 Million In 'Popcorn Lung' Lawsuit
Popcorn: Toxic Chemical Diacetyl Still Finding Its Way Into Microwave Popcorn
Life Cycle: Kernels of Wisdom about Popcorn
Author of Bread, Wine, Chocolate: The Slow Loss of Foods We Lo...
Do you have info to share with HuffPost reporters?
Culture & Arts
TV & Film
Style & Beauty
Food & Drink
Home & Living
Impact: Project Zero
Impact: This New World
Listen to America
FROM OUR PARTNERS
Sleep & Wellness
What's Working: Purpose + Profit
The Power of Humanity
Difference Maker 100
Expert analysis and commentary to make sense of today's biggest stories.
Sign up here to have the best stories delivered straight to your inbox.
First-person essays, features, interviews and Q&As about life today.
Get breaking news alerts
Download our app
Go to mobile site