Restaurant weeks can be a great chance to try foodie favorites in a new city at a fraction of the cost. With that in mind, a culinary getaway is best planned around these dates in 2015. Check out the hottest chefs, newest restaurants and latest regional trends. Travelzoo deal experts compiled hotels discounted during some of the best restaurant weeks this winter, saving travelers as much as half the usual cost.
Baltimore (Jan. 9-24): For Charm City's top restaurants offer prix meals starting at $15.14 per person for two weeks in January.
• Where to stay: During this time, stays including breakfast at Brookshire Suites in the Inner Harbor near the National Aquarium, Camden Yards and downtown's culinary hot spots, are $89 per night (regularly $129).
Portland (March): Head to the Pacific Northwest for world-class chefs, funky small-town menus and organic cuisine for this monthlong event. Three-course meals are $29 per person.
• Where to stay: Microbreweries and hip restaurants surround the Jupiter Hotel in the trendy Central Eastside. For $129 per night through March (25% off), receive Wi-Fi, parking, bucket of beer and bike rentals.
New York City (Feb. 16 - March 6): Sample cuisine from all five boroughs with prix-fixe, three-course menus, starting at $25 for lunch and $28 for dinner, at 300 restaurants.
• Where to stay: Stay steps from Wall Street and downtown's dining scene with an upgraded room at the DoubleTree by Hilton New York City - Financial District. Upgraded rooms at the 4-star hotel including Wi-Fi and views of Ellis Island, Brooklyn and the East River are $99 per night, half off regular rates.
San Francisco (Jan. 21-30): After 13 years, Dine About Town now includes a charity partnership, donating a portion of each OpenTable booking to the SF-Marin Food Bank. Two-course lunches are $25 per person, three-course dinners are $40, and the new "Discovery" menus with drinks are $85 per person.
• Where to stay: The hip Phoenix Hotel dropped rates to $159 per night (50% off). The trendy hotel, which has hosted the Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Killers, includes parking and Wi-Fi for guests.
Los Angeles (Jan. 19 - Feb. 1): dineLA showcases LA's dynamically diverse restaurant scene, dishing out prix-fixe lunches and dinners from award-winning chefs like Wolfgang Puck, Nobu Matsuhisa and Top Chef champion Michael Voltaggio for 14 days.
• Where to stay: Through January, rooms at The Grafton on Sunset start at $199 per night. Valet parking is included, and the hotel is walking distance to theaters, museums and arenas.
Philadelphia (Jan. 18-23; 25-30): City Center District Restaurant Week features $35 dinners and $20 lunches at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Meritage, Brauhaus Schmitz and more.
• Where to stay: Book a culinary escape beginning at $119 per night (45% off) at the Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District. Travelers can get an up-close look at the Liberty Bell before feasting at nearby Market Street bistros and steakhouses.
Chicago (Jan. 30 - Feb. 12): Take a two-week culinary tour of the Windy City when prix-fixe meals are $22-$44 per person at the best restaurants downtown and surrounding neighborhoods.
• Where to Stay: The 4-star Hotel Lincoln is available for $89 per night (35% off) during the promotion. The boutique hotel is in posh Lincoln Park and attached to Perennial Virant, a Michelin-starred chef's farm-to-table restaurant participating in Restaurant Week.
Atlanta - Inman Park (March, exact dates to be determined): Brunch, lunch and dinner at the trendy neighborhood's best restaurants starts at $15 per person for a prix-fixe menu.
• Where to stay: Enjoy a weekend of southern hospitality at the 4-star Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel for as much as $100 off per night. The $149 nightly rate includes Wi-Fi and valet parking at a property with rooftop lounge near the World of Coca-Cola.
Washington, D.C. (Jan. 19-25): Three-course meals start at $20.15 for lunch and $35.15 for dinner at more than 200 participating restaurants.
• Where to stay: Stay near high-end dining and trendy lounges at The Graham Georgetown for $139 per night, half off peak season rates. The 4-star boutique hotel is within walking distance of D.C. institutions including Clyde's of Georgetown, 1789 Restaurant and Daily Grill, all participating in the event.
Elisabeth Barker is a Travelzoo deal expert based in New York. Travelzoo has 250 deal experts from around the world who rigorously research, evaluate and test thousands of deals to find those with true value.