These days, it seems everyone loves Taylor Swift. Her newest album 1989 sold 1.3 million copies in its first week and, all around the world, Swifties rejoiced. She's been everywhere lately: on talk shows, magazine covers and even on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
But for those of you who are still skeptical about T-Swizzle, I've put together a list of twenty-five things to love about her in honor of her 25th birthday on December 13.
1. She grew up on a Christmas tree farm. Seriously, I could stop right there. But I won't.
2. She's 5'11" and rocks high heels everywhere she goes, even on stage. And she does it without hunching over like she's afraid of making other people feel small.
3. She doesn't make other people feel small. In fact, she's notoriously kind, as evidenced by the random notes of encouragement she leaves her fans on their Instagram accounts, that thirteen-hour meet and greet where she gave as much attention to the last person as she did to the first, and her unwavering and outspoken support of women in her industry.
4. She is a proud feminist who doesn't shy away from calling out discrepancies in the way the media portrays male and female artists.
5. She evolves. I don't care that you think she only writes about boys (see #4). Take a listen to her first album and compare it to 1989. Hell, listen to her fourth album and compare it to 1989. And it's not just her musical and personal style that has evolved; it's her view of the world and, most importantly, herself.
6. She genuinely loves her fans and interacts with them on a daily basis. It's not uncommon for Taylor to send random gift packages and handwritten notes to die-hard Swifties.
7. SHE SENDS HANDWRITTEN NOTES. Who does that anymore? Taylor-effing-Swift, that's who.
8. She has a sense of humor about how people view her romantic relationships. If you haven't watched the "Blank Space" video, now would be a good time.
9. She embraces her sexuality without lowering her standards.
10. She adores her family.
11. And her cats.
12. She's a loyal friend who welcomes diversity in her closest relationships. Her besties include writer, actor and producer Lena Dunham, Victoria's Secret model Karlie Kloss, Selena Gomez, singer Ed Sheeran and her high school BFF Abigail Anderson.
13. She sings live.
14. She writes her own music.
15. SHE WRITES HER OWN MUSIC.
16. She stands up for her beliefs, even if they are unpopular. She removed all her albums from Spotify because she believes artists should be fairly compensated for their work. Because no matter how much money they've made in the past, IT IS STILL THEIR WORK (see #14 and #15).
17. She is an incredibly savvy businesswoman who isn't afraid of taking big risks. When everyone told her that a pop album was a bad idea, particularly a pop album with a strange name and only half of Taylor's face showing on the cover, she did it anyway. You do you, Taylor.
18. She is humble about her success and openly appreciative of the platform it has given her to influence others.
19. Can we just talk about her hair for a second?
20. She handles awkward situations with style and class. She didn't bash Kanye West for stealing her thunder and acting like a petulant child. She sang a song to him about forgiveness and grace.
21. She cooks.
22. She knows that life is filled with ups and downs, and she is vocal about taking her challenges and using them to grow.
23. She's quirky and silly and finds joy in the small things, which is incredibly refreshing to see in someone who was ranked #18 on Forbes Celebrity 100 in June of this year, worth an estimated $64 million.24. She enjoys being single and stated in a recent interview that
You can have love all around you without being in love, and find romance in your everyday life without being in a romantic relationship. That can be just as fulfilling.
25. She doesn't do things for shock value. Instead, she focuses on constantly improving her art and building connections with the people who matter most: her family, her friends and her fans.
Happy Birthday Taylor!