Maybe it's because of the legendary Paper magazine 25th anniversary party which kicked things off with a bang on Tuesday (full disclosoure: I'm a fashion editor there.)
Maybe it's because Fashions Night Out put everyone in a great mood.
Or maybe, it's because my brand-spanking new American Apparel wardrobe ( I live and die for their high-waist jeans and harem pants) has me feeling extra spicy.
Whatever it is, it's making this season of NYC Fashion Week extremely fun, and I'm clearly not the only one feeling this way. Starting Friday night I"ve seen a steady stream of celebrities, editors and stylists excitedly flitting in and out of shows, parties and dinners. Fortunately, I decided to be your eyes and ears in the trenches and curate a top ten list of weekend highlights for your reading pleasure. (No need to thank me, just send an unlimited gift card to Barney's my way!)
1. Courtney Love performing "Betty Davis Eyes" at Alexander Wang Wrap party.
2. R&B beauties, Amerie, Kelly Rowland and Estelle being whisked in and out of the tents for multiple shows including Christian Siriano's which was ... fierce ... by the way.
3. Amber Rose, who is dating an artist by the name of Kanye West, sitting front row at the Nicole Miller show.
4. Hollywood stylist Robert Verdi hustling hard to get his posh "Survival of the Chicest" Fashion Week lounge pulled together.
5. Thirteen year-old fashion blogger Tavi being whisked in and out of the front row at several shows. (Which prompted 26 year-old fashion blogger shuffling awkwardly to her fifth row seat at several shows.)
6. Oil rich Africans and sartorially rich fashionistas taking in four breathtaking collections at the ARISE show then moving on to the Plaza Hotel for an after party where everyone from celebrity stylist, Alexander Allen to artist Kehinde Wiley showed up.
7. Vivienne Tam holding court backstage at her show, where bloggers and fashionistas alike snapped photos of the brand new Hewlett Packard Digital clutch she debuted on her runway.
8. Erin Wasson debuting an amazing freshman collection which featured fellow mannequin's Lily Donaldson and Chanel Iman on the catwalk.
9. Model Devon Aoiki, editor Lauren Santo Domingo and a bevy of other beauties sitting front row at the Alexander Wang show.
10. Steve Harvey -- yeah, Steve Harvey -- comedian and television host sitting front row at Ralph Rucci. Please file that under the "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm..."
Follow Zandile's Daily Fashion Week Coverage on Her Blog, The Blay Report.