Reebok Recalls 300,000 Bracelets After Child Dies Of Lead Poisoning...

03/28/2008 02:43 am ET | Updated May 25, 2011
  • Chris Reidy The Boston Globe

Sneaker-maker Reebok International Ltd. said yesterday it is recalling about 300,000 charm bracelets after one was linked to the lead-poisoning death of a 4-year-old in Minnesota.

The bracelets, which have heart-shaped charms with Reebok's name on them, were offered as gifts with the purchase of some children's footwear for nearly two years, said Canton-based Reebok.

According to the Minnesota Department of Health, a child died last month from lead-induced brain swelling after swallowing a piece of the bracelet.

Read more on The Boston Globe