Wall Street's rough Wednesday, which saw the Dow Jones industrial average dip below 8,000 for the first time in five years, was particularly felt among media stocks, with many media conglomerates' stocks hitting or nearing the five-year lows over the course of the day.
- CBS (CBS) fell 11% Wednesday, hitting a five-year low of 5.36 and closing just above that at 5.39.
- News Corp (NWS) fell almost 5% Wednesday, hitting a five-year low of 6.44 and closing just above that at 6.55.
- Viacom (VIA) fell almost 9% Wednesday, hitting its five-year low of 14.90 but closing above $15/share, at 15.02.
- Time Warner (TWX) fell just 3% Wednesday, approaching its five-year low of 8.01, but only hitting 8.09 and closing at 8.14.
- Disney (DIS) fell 3.5% Wednesday, approaching its five-year low of 19.58, but only hitting 19.93 and closing at 19.94.