LOS ANGELES — A spokeswoman for Lindsay Lohan says the actress has not been questioned by London police investigating jewelry that went missing after a fashion shoot there.
Lohan spokeswoman Leslie Sloane-Zelnik said Tuesday that Lohan has not been contacted by authorities but would comply in an investigation if necessary. She also noted that nearly 20 people were working at the Elle magazine photo shoot featuring the 22-year-old.
London's Metropolitan police confirmed Tuesday that a necklace and earrings worth more than $400,000 were missing from a studio in north London in early June.
The fashion magazine said in a statement Tuesday it had no reason to believe that Lohan was in any way linked to the alleged theft. A police spokesman said no arrests have been made and would not comment on whether Lohan had been interviewed or was even related to the case in any way.
He spoke on condition of anonymity in line with police policy.
Associated Press writer Meera Selva in London contributed to this report.