Several media executives were listed among FORTUNE's 50 Most Powerful Women in Business.
Oprah, of course, came in first among the media ladies on the list at #6. ABC's Anne Sweeney (#16), MTV's Judy McGrath (#20), NBCU's Bonnie Hammer (#47) and Lauren Zalaznick (#48) represented the TV world, while Ann Moore (#21) and Cathie Black (#46) represented the magazine industry.
The full list of the most powerful women in media below:
6. Oprah Winfrey, Chairman Harpo
2008 Rank - 8
20. Judy McGrath, Chairman and CEO, MTV Networks Viacom
2008 Rank - 18
21. Ann Moore, Chairman and CEO, Time Inc.
2008 Rank - 20
46. Cathie Black, President Hearst Magazines
2008 Rank - 49
49. Amy Pascal, Co-chairman, Sony Pictures Entertainment
2008 Rank - Return
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most. Learn more