Golden Globes: This Weekend's Hottest Parties
In honor of Sunday's Golden Globes at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, festivities are kicking off all over town. Here's our list of the hottest pre- and post-awards shindigs this weekend and where the stars will come out to play. The Beverly Hilton Hotel is host to at least five of these get-togethers, providing one-stop revelry for Golden Globe attendees.
• Hollywood's legendary hot spot Chateau Marmont celebrates the Golden Globes with a penthouse cocktail party hosted by "T: The New York Times Style Magazine." The mag won't have to reach far into its roster of famous interviewees to boast one of the hottest fetes in town. Possible starpower: Javier Bardem, Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, George Clooney, Penelope Cruz, Megan Fox, Tilda Swinton and Natalie Portman to name just a few.
• Chateau Marmont is also rumored to be hosting Paramount's private WeHo celebration for its stars of "Up in the Air" and "Lovely Bones." If you find a way in, expect to see nominees George Clooney, Jason Reitman, Anna Kendrick, Vera Farmiga, and Stanley Tucci, as well as Cecil B. DeMille Award-winner Martin Scorsese.
• The evening starts with the awards themselves, and AMC will be holding a private viewing of the Golden Globes for the "Mad Men" cast and friends at the Beverly Hilton's Le Chateau. Best Actor and Actress nominees Jon Hamm and January Jones can revel in this year's success with plenty of wine and chocolate at the upscale Beverly Hills chocolatier and wine cellar.
• Warner Bros. and InStyle mag's swanky celebration fuses fashion and film at the Beverly Hilton's Oasis Courtyard for A-listers like "Sherlock Holmes'" Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law and Rachel McAdams, and "The Blind Side's" Sandra Bullock, along with Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis of Best Comedy nomination "The Hangover." With numerous nominees and plenty of star power, WB has lots to celebrate.
• NBC Universal and Focus Features celebrate the Golden Globe's from the Beverly Hilton rooftop with free-flowing drinks and sweeping views set above the lights of the city. Guests are sure to include Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson and the cast of "The Office," and Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan of "30 Rock," along with the creators of Focus Features' Best Animated Feature Film nomination "Coraline."
• Meanwhile, over at the Sunset Tower, you will need the golden ticket to get in to CAA's infamous after-party, known for its revelry and celebrity gate-crashers. Stars and industry headliners include too many to list.
• For those who've had enough of the roof and the Tower, they can trickle down to HBO's poolside bash at the Beverly Hilton's Circa 55 restaurant. The stars of "Entourage," "True Blood," "Curb Your Enthusiasm," and "Hung," will be here feting Globes week, numerous nominations and the kickoff of awards season, along with the rest of Hollywood.
• Kathryn Bigelow, director of highly acclaimed war flick "The Hurt Locker," has reason to party at Summit Entertainment's upscale affair at the Beverly Hilton's high-rise Stardust Room overlooking the city. So will young party-goers if stars of Summit's widely-successful "Twilight" series Rob Patterson and Kristen Stewart attend.
• Last but not least, the Weinstein brothers' gathering at 2010, the old Trader Vic's space, rounds out the Beverly Hilton's party powerhouse. With Weinstein Co.'s "Nine," "A Single Man," and "Inglourious Basterds," it will be hard to mingle without bumping into the likes of Penelope Cruz, Brad Pitt, Quentin Tarantino, Colin Firth, Judi Dench or Daniel Day-Lewis.