Colorado State Veterinary Students Get Plague After Examining Dead Cougar

05/04/2010 05:12 am ET | Updated May 25, 2011
  • The Coloradoan

CSU veterinary experts revised their necropsy procedures after several students and staff were inadvertently exposed to plague by a dead mountain lion brought in for examination.

The exposure happened in November 2009 at Colorado State University's new Diagnostic Medicine Center in Fort Collins, said CSU spokeswoman Dell Rae Moellenberg.

Read more on The Coloradoan