Tax Day In LA: A Survival Guide
Tax Day has is here, but you need not despair. We've rounded-up all of the info you need to to make this most dreaded of days a bit more bearable. There are plenty of freebies and discounts for beleaguered taxpayers throughout the area. Or you can find a local tea party at which to vent your frustration with the government, or your frustration with those venting their frustration with the government. You could even pay your taxes.
NBC Los Angeles has a list of all of the freebies being offered throughout the city, including free Starbucks coffee, free Cinnabon cupcakes, and free pancakes for kids at IHOP.
VIA LAist comes a listing of the Tax Day Tea Parties throughout Southern California:
* Long Beach Long Beach Patriots: Tax Day Tea Party @ Bixby Park near Ocean Blvd (5-7 pm)
* Santa Clarita Tea Party Patriots - SCV: Tax Day Tea Party Rally @ City Hall on Valencia Blvd. (4-7 pm)
* Palmdale The Antelope Valley Tea Party Group: A.V. Tea Party Patriots Tax Day Event @ 10th Street West and Rancho Vista Blvd. (4-7 pm)
* West Covina West Covina Teapartiers: TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY! @Applebee's Restaurant (5-7 pm)
* Woodland Hills San Fernando Valley Patriots: Tea Party Sidewalk Rally and Relief Food Drive @Sidewalk March to Warner Center Park (5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.)
* Pasadena California Tea Party Patriots: Pasadena Tea Party 1st Anniversary @ McCambridge Park (2 pm)
* Redondo Beach South Bay Tea Party/Tax Day Tea Party @South Bay Los Angeles (5-7 pm)
* Torrance Torrance (CA) TEA Party: Taxed Enough Already (TEA) Demonstration @Torrance Civic Center (Pool) (12:00 p.m. - dark)
* El Segundo SouthBayTeaParty: Tax Day Tea Party @ane Harman's Office (5-7 pm)
And finally, for those of you who've waited for the last minute, the Daily News has provided this handy list of Post Offices with extended hours:
* Airport Station, 9029 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles; mail collection and retail service until midnight;
* City of Industry, 15421 E. Gale Ave.; mail collection until midnight, retail service until 6 p.m.;
* Long Beach, 2300 Redondo Ave.; mail collection until midnight, retail service until 7 p.m.;
* Los Angeles, 7001 S. Central Ave.; mail collection until midnight, retail service until 8 p.m.;
* Pasadena, 600 Lincoln Ave.; mail collection and retail service until 10 p.m.;
* Santa Ana, 3101 W. Sunflower Ave.; mail collection until midnight, retail service until 7 p.m.;
* Van Nuys, 15701 Sherman Way; mail collection and retail service until midnight; and
* Yorba Linda, B&B Pharmacy, 18525 Yorba Linda Blvd., mail collection and retail service until 10 p.m.