Huffpost Sports

Lawrence Taylor Sued: Lawsuit Seeks $15,000 In Car Crash Damages

Posted: Updated:

MIAMI — Former NFL star Lawrence Taylor is being sued over a South Florida car crash last year in which he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.

Police said Taylor struck a van on Nov. 8 on an expressway. He told police he thought he had hit a guardrail. No serious injuries were reported.

E-mails sent Thursday to Taylor's attorney and agent were not immediately returned.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday in Miami-Dade Circuit Court says 51-year-old Manuel Villari Castillo suffered life altering injuries and loss of income because of the accident. The lawsuit seeks over $15,000 in damages.

Taylor is charged in New York with raping a 16-year-old runaway who police said was forced into prostitution by a man who had beaten her up.

Around the Web

Lawrence Taylor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lawrence Taylor Accused of Rape in Case Involving Minor - NYTimes.com

Lawrence Taylor, Hall of Fame linebacker, arrested for rape - ESPN ...

Lawrence Taylor's attorney defiantly rejects rape allegations ...

Lawrence Taylor rape case: Ex-Giant admits paying teen hooker $300 ...

From Our Partners