A 7-year-old was reportedly bitten by a rattlesnake at a suburban botanical gardens on Friday.
The Littleton Fire Department reported that the child was walking through the Botanic Gardens of Chatfield, and did not know the snake was present.
The bite comes the same week that 9News in Denver reported that local veterinarians have treated an unusual number of snake bites this season.
It is normal for rattlesnakes to come into contact with humans in Colorado, particularly during late spring. Veterinarians, however, say that there have been so many bites this season that many have had to re-stock their anti-venom supply.
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most. Learn more