Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt To Meet With Obama: REPORT
[UPDATE: According to an official list obtained by the LA Times, the attendees will include:
- John Doerr, partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Carol Bartz, president and CEO, Yahoo!
- John Chambers, CEO and chairman, Cisco Systems
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Larry Ellison, co-founder and CEO, Oracle
- Reed Hastings, CEO, NetFlix
- John Hennessy, president, Stanford University
- Steve Jobs, chairman and CEO, Apple
- Art Levinson, chairman and former CEO, Genentech
- Eric Schmidt, chairman and CEO, Google
- Steve Westly, managing partner and founder, Westly Group
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder, president and CEO, Facebook
A White House official told the LA Times of the issues to be discussed during the meeting, "The meeting is a part of our ongoing dialogue with the business community on how we can work together to win the future, strengthen our economy, support entrepreneurship, increasing our exports, and get the American people back to work. The President and the business leaders will discuss our shared goal of promoting American innovation, and discuss his commitment to new investments in research and development, education and clean energy."
[UPDATE: ABC News reports that in addition to Mark Zuckerberg, Apple CEO Steve Jobs and Google CEO Eric Schmidt will also attend this event in San Francisco.]
WASHINGTON — Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is among a group of technology business leaders that President Barack Obama plans to meet with Thursday in San Francisco.
A person familiar with the list of attendees confirmed Wednesday that the young billionaire is expected to attend.
Obama is spending part of Thursday and Friday on the West Coast. The White House says Thursday's session will focus on creating jobs. On Friday, Obama travels to Hillsboro, Ore., to visit Intel Corp. to draw attention to the role of education in preparing Americans for new high-tech jobs.
The White House says the meeting is part of the president's ongoing dialogue with the business community.
Zuckerberg is the 26-year-old wunderkind behind Facebook. The social networking site has more than 500 million users worldwide.