Match.Com Lawsuit: Woman Sues Dating Site After Being Attacked
LOS ANGELES -- A California woman is suing a popular Internet dating site, saying she was sexually assaulted by a man she met on Match.com.
Attorney Mark L. Webb says he filed the Los Angeles Superior Court civil lawsuit on Wednesday on behalf of an entertainment executive identified only as Jane Doe.
The suit demands that Match.com screen its members for sexual predators. Webb says he's asking for a temporary injunction barring the site from signing up more members until his client's demands are met.
Webb says the woman met the alleged assailant last year at the Urth Cafe in West Hollywood. After a second date, the attorney says the man followed her home and attacked her.
A telephone message left Thursday for Match.com's IAC corporate owner in New York wasn't immediately returned.