Four diners were burned at Ozona Blue Grilling Co., a Palm Harbor, Florida restaurant after a waiter accidentally added too much rum to the bananas foster dish he prepared. Two people were flown to Tampa General Hospital for treatment while an additional two guests were slightly burned and refused treatment.
Employees were quick to grab fire extinguishers and help a woman whose dress caught on fire, resulting in first- and second-degree burns. "It's going to be a long time for her to heal," said Palm Harbor Fire Rescue spokeswoman Liz Monforti.
Bananas foster is typically prepared with bananas, butter, cinnamon and sugar in a pan or skillet. Then, rum is added and the dessert is lit. Watch a chef from the Culinary Institute of America prepare the famous dessert below.
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more