We've previously pondered how Carrie Bradshaw of "Sex and the City" would have afforded her extravagant, Manolo-and Cosmo-filled lifestyle. Now Racked has taken a critical look at one particularly expensive part of Carrie's life: her mega-wedding to Mr. Big.
Racked meticulously calculated the myriad costs of the classically-New York nuptials, which included the following:
- Customized Swarovski-encrusted Christian Dior Gladiator Heels: $1,000
- Veil with feather headpiece: $5,000
- Rehearsal dinner at Buddakan: $8,351
- Flowers, including those Carrie mauled Mr. Big with: $40,000
- Limos (not including Mr. Big's "escape vehicle"): $475
- Renting out the New York City Public Library: $50,000
- That Vivienne Westwood dress: free (dare we say, "Priceless"?)
Taking into account these and other factors (catering, hair and make-up, etc.), Racked estimates Carrie Bradshaw's wedding bill to be a cool $229,969.
As they say, you only get married once -- er, twice. Possibly, thrice? Is there a "Sex and the City 3," yet?
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more