Reporter caught smoking live on air? Not good. Reporter caught smoking live on air while he is reporting on a fire that's still being contained right behind him? Really not good. That's what happened to the unfortunate Brad Woodard from local Houston station KHOU, when he was caught off-guard while covering an oil-stoked fire that had broken out.
Woodard tried to be as slick as possible about the cigarette in his mouth, transferring it to his other hand and dropping it to the ground--also not a fantastic idea when there's flammable oil everywhere, but oh well.WATCH: