The planking masses are still at it. The craze that reared its head in March, taking over Australia and then the world (bwahahaha!) is still strong. Strong enough, in fact, to warrant its own anthem.
This morning a new theme song by Raul Or Die, featuring Money Main and Teddy Da Don, appeared on YouTube and it's hardly the first video dedicated to this 'lying down' meme. How exactly do you take part in the action? According to the web scientists at Know Your Meme, who borrowed from one of many planking Facebook pages, it's simple:
1. You must always lay face down, ensuring your face remains expressionless for the duration of the Plank.
2. Your legs must remain straight, and together with toes pointed.
3. Your arms must be placed by your side, held straight and fingers pointed.
4. You must make it known that you are planking. Saying ‘I am planking’ usually get this across. Sternly announcing it will ensure a good result.
5. Your safety should always be considered. Properly thought-through planking procedures should always go to plan. Never put your self at undue risk.
6. Every Plank that is captured must be named.