Hello from Venice Beach! We've packed everything we need for our stop in this slightly quirky, laid-back beach town: skateboard, 2-Pac, a pair of Vans, and in general, lots of neon. After we bum around the Boardwalk for a while (that includes a few pull-ups at Muscle Beach), we're off to Abbot Kinney to shop, followed by vintage hunting at the Venice flea market. We'll have a slice of margherita pizza at Gjelina, then a few sunset beers at Venice Ale House, and end the night with dancing at The Townhouse.
Click to see the items we packed, and stay tuned to see where we land next!
Clockwise from top:
1. WESC Banjo Headphones, $77; wesc.com
2. Gryphon Vintage Baja, $390; shoplesnouvelles.com
3. Lasonic iPod Boom Box, $159.75; amazon.com
4. John Frieda Sheer Blonder Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray, $10; drugstore.com
5. Sachajuan Ocean Mist, $28; woodleyandbunny.com
6. Element 'Da Beach Board', $170; elementskateboards.com
7. Aurelie Bidermann Paraty 18-Karat Gold-Plated Shell Bracelet, $1225; net-a-porter.com
8. Vans Primary Authentic sneakers, $42; vans.com
9. 2Pac California Love CD, $22.99; amazon.com
10. Red Hot Chili Peppers Californication CD, $10.11; amazon.com
11. Rescue Beauty Nail Polish in Purple Haze, $18; rescuebeauty.com
12. Roxy Factory Rucksack Backpack, $68; roxy.com
13. Shimmi Ali Ruched Bikini, $205; net-a-porter.com
14. Crap Eyewear Beach Party Sunglasses, $54; crapeywear.com
Check out what one of our bloggers wore in Venice Beach.
We’re basically your best friend… with better taste. Learn more