NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: HuffPost Women’s Dress Up Your Desk Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of AOL Inc. and companies involved in the design, implementation, or promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 (“Sponsor”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 pm ET on October 7, 2011 and ends at 12:00pm ET on October 31, 2011 (the “Entry Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, go to INSERT URL (the “Contest Site”) and follow the directions to submit your entry by first “Liking” HuffPost Women’s Facebook page by clicking the button on the Contest Site and then submit your comment about your most fearless career moment in the comments section of the Contest Site. Entries must be in English. By entering, each participant warrants and represents that all information provided by him/her as part of the Contest is true, accurate and complete and that he/she is the sole author of the entry. LIMIT: One entry per person. No form of entry other than specified herein is permitted; use of automated, programmed, robotic or like forms of entry is prohibited. Any person who attempts to participate under multiple identities to enter multiple times will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish and use any or all of the entries in any manner Sponsor sees fit, including publishing on the Internet, without additional compensation. Any entrant that submits material, that in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is deemed unsuitable for public presentation (contains defamation, inappropriate language, etc.), or which violates any applicable provision of the U.S. Copyright Code or is otherwise inconsistent with the theme or image of this Contest may be disqualified. If entry does not comply with these Official Rules in any respect, such entry will be automatically disqualified. Your Submission is not confidential or proprietary. By participating in this Contest, you grant, assign, convey, and transfer all rights, title, and ownership, including without limitation all copyright and any other intellectual property and moral rights in the Submission to Sponsor and Contest Entities. By submitting an Entry you hereby grant and license the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) in connection with the Contest and such other products or services as the Sponsor may designate in any medium now known or hereafter devised for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes including posting on any websites. Submissions must be 100% your original work, and must not contain any third party material or content for which you have not been granted specific written permission for this use by the copyright or trademark rights holder. Entrants grant Sponsors the right to use their names, images, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical materials, and Submission, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes including posting the Submission online for judging purposes or any other purpose or on a winner’s list and other online announcements, and for sharing the Submission with the local press for viewing, whether TV or print, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants also grant the panel of the judges the right to use their names, images, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical materials, and Submission, for the purpose of advertising, publicizing, and promoting the winners of the contest, including posting the Submission online, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. You hereby grant to the Sponsor and their designees the right to use any edited Submission, or parts of a Submission, without your approval and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Submission prior to or following publication and any right to compensation for the Submission. All elements of your Submission must be your original work and must be owned by you, and you must have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to all of the materials, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. Your Submission should not contain elements not owned by you. By submitting your Submission, you agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of your Submission or your participation in any phase of this Contest.
Disclaimer of Similarities: Due to the nature of this Contest, there is a possibility that similar Submissions may be entered by multiple individuals. Any similarity between Submissions shall in no way entitle you to any consideration or compensation from the Sponsor or from any third party, including in the event a Submission similar or identical to yours is selected as a winner in this Contest. By submitting your Submission, you specifically acknowledge this possibility and agree to the terms stated in these Official Rules.
6. JUDGING: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, a panel of judges (the "Judges") will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner based equally on originality and compelling nature of Submission ("Judging Criteria"). In the event of a tie, the submissions involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge according to the Judging Criteria. Decisions of judges in are final.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If the potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place. Except where prohibited, the potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) and IRS W-9 form before receiving the prize. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive an assortment of Poppin office supply products, including a tape dispenser, notebooks and inboxes. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize is $200.
All specifics of prize are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above and incurred in claiming or using the prize. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the name and address by which the entry is made.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s designees to use of entrant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, job industry and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) injury, death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt and use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. GIVEAWAY RESULTS: To request a copy of the Winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to HuffPost Women’s Contest, c/o AOL, 770 Broadway, Rm 6B:D09, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be received by Nov. 15, 2011.