Mealbreaker (n.): a nasty, non-edible surprise found in food while it is being eaten; often lawsuit-provoking, sometimes fabricated, always disgusting.
HONOLULU (Associated Press) -- A Hawaii-based soldier who says he swallowed needles that were hidden in a Burger King hamburger is suing the fast food chain.
Army Staff Sgt. Clark Bartholomew filed the federal lawsuit in Honolulu this week. He says he bought a Triple Stacker burger at a Schofield Barracks Burger King in December and took it home to eat.
Bartholomew claims one needle pierced his tongue and he was hospitalized for six days after another needle was found in his small intestine.
A manager at the Burger King on Kolekole (KOH'-le-KOH'-le) Avenue declined to comment Friday, and a spokesman for Burger King Corp. said he couldn't immediately comment.
Click through the slideshow below to learn about 20 other stomach-turning Mealbreakers: