Avocado in Tortilla Cups
Provided by: dLife®
Visit dLife.com for more diabetes recipes
- tortilla corn ready to bake medium 6
- 1 cooking spray
- 3 avocado average fresh
- 2 cup plain nonfat yogurt drained
- 1 fresh plum tomatoes seeded and finely minced
- 2 tbsp shallots chopped or minced (or minced red onion)
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 pinch ground cayenne (red pepper)
- olives black jumbo pitted canned (for garnish)
- 1 pinch fresh cilantro minced (for garnish)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray mini-muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2. Cut tortillas into quarters. Mist tortilla quarters with water and place a quarter in each muffin cup opening pushing down in the center to form a cup. Re-spray with cooking spay and bake until cups are golden and crisp about 5 minutes. Tip out the cups and cool on a rack.
- 3. Cut avocados in half lengthwise; remove and discard the pits. Using a spoon worked in between the flesh and the skin remove the avocado half from the skin. Cut the avocado into 1-inch pieces.
- 4. Using a large mixing spoon blend the avocado with the yogurt mashing the avocado as you mix to a chunky consistency. Add in the tomato shallot garlic lemon juice lime juice chili powder and cayenne. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 5. Cut each olive into 4 crosswise slices refrigerating until ready to serve.
- 6. To assemble spoon some of the avocado mixture into each tortilla cup. Sprinkle the top of each with some of the minced cilantro and top with an olive slice. Arrange on a large serving platter.