Barilla® Lasagna with Veal and Vegetables
Provided by: Barilla
- 12 Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large yellow peppers, chopped
- 2 packages (6 oz.) fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1½ cups finely chopped onion
- 1 jar Barilla Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded smoked mozzarella cheese (may substitute with mozzarella cheese)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. Remove peppers from skillet. Add spinach to skillet; stir 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- 4. Remove spinach from skillet; drain liquid, if necessary and set aside.
- 5. Cook veal and onion in same skillet over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes or until veal is no longer pink, breaking up chunks with wooden spoon; drain. Stir in Sauce, tomatoes, salt and pepper; continue cooking until thoroughly heated.
- 6. To assemble: Spread 1 cup sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with 4 lasagna sheets. Layer spinach, two cups sauce and 1¼ cups cheese. Add 4 more sheets, 2 cups sauce, peppers and 1¼ cups cheese.
- 7. Top with remaining lasagna and sauce.
- 8. Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Tent loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting into.