Beefy Bean Burritos
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Ian Knauer
Not all fast food has to be bad for you. Here's a fast and fun way to satisfy that hankering for Mexican flavor without having to sit in line at the drive-through of your local Taco Emporium.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 1-ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with chipotle
- 1 15- to16-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 12- to 14-ounce package flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce, from 1 head
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat until it shimmers. Add beef, breaking up lumps, and cook until meat is browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and tomatoes, then bring to a boil. Boil until mixture is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in beans and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide beef filling between tortillas topping with cheese and lettuce. Roll up tortillas and serve with sour cream.