Boardwalk-Style Grilled Sausages with Polenta
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 585 calories/serving
- 1 small eggplant (about 12 oz), cut lengthwise in 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 2 large bell peppers, cut in 1/2-in. rings
- 1 large Italian frying pepper (cubanelle), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1/2-in.-thick slices
- Nonstick spray
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- small capers, preferably nonpareil
- 4 links sweet or hot Italian sausage (1 1/4 lb), slit down center and opened like a book
- 1 tube (8 oz) ready-to-heat polenta, cut in 2 slices
- Good with: shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat outdoor grill. Coat vegetables with nonstick spray. Grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until just tender. Remove to a cutting board; cut in bite-size pieces. Toss with vinaigrette and capers.
- Grill sausages cut side down 8 minutes. Coat polenta with nonstick spray. Turn sausages. Add polenta to grill and grill all 6 minutes, turning polenta once, until sausages are browned and cooked through.
- Serve sausages with polenta and vegetable mixture.