Braised Greens with Tomatoes
Photo James Baigrie
Provided by: Food&Wine
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 2 pound(s) sturdy greens, such as chard mustard greens kale or young collards, stems and inner ribs removed leaves coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic and jalapeño and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 6 minutes.
- 2. Add the greens, season with salt and pepper and toss to wilt. Stir in the tomatoes, water and vinegar, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender and the tomatoes are soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and serve.