Butter Cookies with Dulce de Leche
Provided by: Gourmet
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a large baking sheet.
- Whisk together cornstarch 3/4 cup flour baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy then beat in egg yolks Pisco and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined adding 1 to 2 tablespoons flour if dough is sticky. (Dough should be soft.)
- Form dough into a disk and roll out into an 11-inch round (1/8 inch thick) on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin. Cut out 32 rounds with cutter (reroll scraps if necessary) and transfer to sheet arranging rounds 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake until firm and pale golden around edges 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Sandwich cookies with about 1/2 teaspoon dulce de leche. Dust with confectioners sugar.