Provided by: Food&Wine
In this play on nachos, chef Gonzalo Martinez of Casa de Sierra Nevada tops a chunky guacamole with gooey melted cheese. Chef Tip Mild queso oaxaca is the best cheese for melting.
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped mint
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup(s) shredded queso oaxaca or Monterey Jack
- Tortilla chips for serving
- 1. In a shallow bowl, mix the avocados, tomato, onion, cilantro, mint, jalapeño and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Melt the cheese in a microwave-safe bowl, pour over the guacamole and serve with tortilla chips.