Cheesecake Marbled Brownies
New Media Publishing
Provided by: Maggie Ruggiero
A fudgy, creamy medley that reigns supreme. Paradise without breaking a sweat.
- FOR BROWNIE BATTER:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- FOR CHEESECAKE BATTER:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, well softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove bowl from heat and whisk in sugar then eggs and salt. Whisk in cocoa powder and flour until just combined then spread in pan.
- Whisk together cheesecake batter until smooth. Dollop on top of brownie batter and swirl in with a small spatula or knife.
- Bake until puffed and top feels firm. (A toothpick inserted in center will come out with a few moist crumbs attached), 50 to 55 minutes. Cool completely in pan on rack before cutting into squares.
- Brownies can be stored up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.