Cheesy Turkey & Spinach Enchiladas
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Are you trying to get your family to eat more veggies...then give these cheesy enchiladas a try. They'll eat their spinach and ask for more!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (about 10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach , thawed and well drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese , cut into cubes
- 12 flour tortilla (6-inch) , warmed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomato , undrained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook until cooked through, stirring often.
- Stir 1 cup picante sauce, cumin and spinach in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the cream cheese and cook and stir until it's melted.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup spinach mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Stir the tomatoes and remaining picante sauce in a small bowl. Spoon the tomato mixture over the filled enchiladas. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F. for 35 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Uncover the baking dish. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the Cheddar cheese is melted. Serve with additional picante sauce.
- Ingredient Note: To thaw the spinach, microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, breaking the spinach apart with a fork halfway through heating.