Chicken & Spanish-Style Rice Skillet
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Moist and flavorful chicken served on a bed of tender rice and veggies...this one skillet dish uses picante sauce and frozen vegetables to ensure that it's easy and delicious.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/9 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast half , cut into strips
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Chicken Broth
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Stir the cumin and garlic powder in a small bowl. Season the chicken with the cumin mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned on both sides, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the rice and cook and stir until browned. Stir in the broth, water and picante sauce and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables in the skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.