Chicken Cacciatore over Pasta
Provided by: Splenda®
Impress the family tonight with this easy, Italian-style pasta and chicken main dish.
- 1 lbs 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 0.5 C ½ cup chopped onion
- 0.5 C ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1.5 tsp 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 0.33 C ⅓ cup sliced ripe olives
- 0.125 tsp ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 C 3 cups hot cooked noodles (or any favorite pasta) , rinsed and drained
- 1. Slice chicken breasts into 32 pieces.
- 2. Spray a large skillet with olive oil flavored cooking spray. Saute chicken, onion, and green pepper for 6 to 8. Stir in drained tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 3. Add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, Italian seasoning, olives, and black pepper. Mix well to combine. Lower heat and simmer for 10-15, stirring occasionally.
- 4. For each serving, place ½ cup pasta on a plate and spoon ⅔ cup sauce over top.