Chicken Enchiladas Verde
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 241 calories/serving
What to do with leftover chicken or turkey? These baked chicken enchiladas are the perfect solution...and they're so good, you'll want to make them again and again.
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles , drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves , crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (about 2 ounces)
- 6 corn tortilla (6-inch), warmed
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the soup, water, chiles, oregano and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and 1/4 cup cheese in a medium bowl.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side down in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling.
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verde: For a creamier version, reduce the water to 1/4 cup and stir 1/4 cup sour cream into the soup mixture.
- Flavor Variation: Top the baked enchiladas with chopped tomatoes, sliced green onion, sliced pitted ripe olives and/or salsa.
- Easy Substitution: You may substitute flour tortillas for the corn tortillas in this recipe.