Chili Lime Shrimp
Provided by: Marcus Samuelsson
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, cleaned and cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, small dice
- 2 scallions, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 pita bread, each cut in half
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Mix yogurt, chili powder, garlic powder and jalapeno in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan on medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook about a minute on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the yogurt mixture and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and remove from heat. Finish with scallions.
- Stuff each piece of pita with 1/4 of the shrimp and romaine.