Chipotle Citrus Coleslaw with Cilantro
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Stir the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cabbage from the marinade and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Stir the creme fraiche, mayonnaise, and chipotle, and lime juice in a medium bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the cabbage mixture in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Mix in the cilantro and serve.