Chipotle Pork Tacos with Grilled Tomato Salsa and Lime
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- For the pork:
- 1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and sinew, halved lengthwise
- For the salsa:
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 green jalapeno chili, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- For the tacos:
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 lime
- PREPARE THE PORK:
- Combine chipotles in adobo, onion, olive oil, garlic, vinegar, chili powder, oregano, and salt in processor and puree.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of chipotle mixture to small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Arrange pork in 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Spread remaining chipotle mixture all over pork. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare a charcoal or stove-top grill for medium-high heat.
- Cook the pork for 10 to 12 minutes on the grill turning as needed to cook all sides and basting the pork often with the remaining marinade.
- WHILE PORK COOKS, PREPARE SALSA:
- Place tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno on baking sheet and coat with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Season vegetables and chili with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 3 minutes per side or until vegetables are slightly charred and softened.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- FINISH SALSA:
- Roughly chop the grilled vegetables and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the remaining olive oil, the cilantro, and the lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and reserve.
- PREPARE TACOS:
- Remove the pork from the grill and let rest on a cutting board for 4 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas quickly on the grill until warmed through.
- Use a large sharp knife and cut the meat into thin slices.
- Divide the meat evenly among the tortillas.
- Top each taco with the radishes and the grilled tomato salsa.
- SERVE TACOS:
- Garnish with a generous pinch of cilantro and serve immediately with lime wedges.