Chipotle Turkey Chili
New Media Publishing
Provided by: Ian Knauer
Everyone loves chili, and this version is exceptionally good thanks to the power of canned chipotle peppers in adobo. They lend a deep, smoky flavor and a touch of heat.
- 1 (32-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15-to 16-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 4 cups shredded roasted turkey
- Puree tomatoes with their juice in a blender with chipotles, oregano, and cumin seed.
- Heat oil in a medium heavy pot over medium high heat until it shimmers. Stir in onion, bell pepper, garlic, and salt and saute, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in chili powder and continue to saute, 1 minute. Add tomato mixture and bring to a boil. Boil sauce until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in beans and turkey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with sour cream, cilantro leaves, shredded cheese and tortilla chips.
- Related Recipe: