Provided by: Handmade Tv
- 3/4 pound Emmentaler Cheese
- 3/4 pound Gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon kirsch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- grated nutmeg
- white pepper
- 2 loaves crusty French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- cut raw vegetables
- Shred the cheeses in a food processor with the shredding tool attached. To the cheese add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir.
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot with a crushed garlic clove. Pour in white wine, kirsch and lemon juice.
- Heat over a medium heat flame until the wine is hot but not boiling.
- Add handfuls of cheese, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until cheese is melted and the cheese-wine mixture has the appearance of a light creamy sauce.
- Add nutmeg and white pepper to taste.
- Remove the pot and place on a fondue stand surrounded by bread and vegetables.