Confetti Rice Salad with Deviled Eggs
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 337 calories/serving
- 4 cups cooked white rice (yield from 11/3 cups uncooked), chilled
- large dice
- 1 large tomato, halved, seeded, cut in large dice
- 1 large yellow, red or green bell pepper, cut in large dice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup bottled Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Deviled eggs
- 21/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Put rice and vegetables in a large bowl. Add dressing ingredients and toss to mix and coat. Serve or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- To serve: Line a 2-quart serving bowl with lettuce leaves. Top with rice mixture and surround with deviled eggs.
- DEVILED EGGS
- Hard-cook 8 large eggs, cool, then cut in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks to a small bowl or food processor. Add 21/2 tablespoons mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard. Mash or process until smooth. Season with 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper. Spoon or pipe into egg whites.
- Planning Tip: Both salad and eggs can be prepared 1 day ahead.