Cream of Pumpkin Soup with Cranberry Drizzle
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pumpkin or calabaza squash (about 2 1/2 pound), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (5 to 6 cups)
- 2 tbsp. light cream
- Mix 1/4 cup broth, oil, brown sugar and cranberry sauce in a small bowl. Set the mixture aside.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it's tender.
- Add the remaining broth, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper to taste and pumpkin. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Place half of the pumpkin mixture in blender or food processor. Cover and blend until it's smooth. Repeat with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Return the puréed mixture to saucepan. Add the cream, if desired and heat through. Divide the soup among 8 bowls. Top each with a spoonful of the cranberry sauce mixture.