Creamy Fettuccine with Sweet Peas and Prosciutto
Provided by: Lauren Braun Costello
A classic dish with a twist, this recipe uses Philadelphia Cream Cheese(tm) to maximize flavor and feel. Melted cream cheese makes a luscious and velvety sauce that is perfectly paired with tender fettuccine. Sweet peas add a textural surprise with a touch of sweetness, while the prosciutto gives that salty and savory finish.
- Gather these tools: cutting board, chef's knife, dry and wet measuring cups, measuring spoons, stockpot, colander, large sauce pan, whisk, tongs
- Prepare the fettuccine in a stockpot according to the instructions on the package. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the butter, half and half, Parmesan, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Using a whisk, stir gently and constantly until the cream cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. Continue to simmer over a medium-low heat until the sauce is thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the stockpot in which the fettuccine was cooked. Return the cooked pasta to the pot and toss well to coat. Add in the sweet peas and prosciutto and toss well to incorporate.
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.