Creamy Irish Potato Soup
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 156 calories/serving
This rich and creamy potato soup is subtly flavored with celery and green onions. It's the kind of soup you'll want to savor slowly...even though it's ready in just 35 minutes.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium green onion , sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery , sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 3/4 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic)
- 1/9 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium potato , sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and cook until they're tender.
- Stir the broth, black pepper and potatoes in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Place half of the broth mixture and half of the milk in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with the remaining broth mixture and remaining milk. Return to the saucepan and heat through.