Dee's Curry Chicken
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 166 calories/serving
In less than one hour, you can make this satisfying curry dish that doesn't compromise flavor. Convenient products like cream of mushroom soup, chicken stock and canned vegetables makes it easy and delicious.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast , cut in 1-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic , chopped
- 1 large onion , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 3/4 cup Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1 medium green pepper , cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (about 8 ounces) peas and carrots, drained
- 1 can (about 6 ounces) sliced mushrooms , drained
- 1 medium tomato , cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Sprinkle the chicken with the curry powder and cumin. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, sitrring often. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the garlic and onion and cook until they're tender, stirring often. Stir the soy, soup, stock, pepper, peas and carrots, mushrooms and tomato in the skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
- Tip: The sauce may be thickened with cornstarch, if desired.