Gorgonzola & Honey Pear en Croûte Salad
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 351 calories/serving
This restaurant-style salad is sure to impress your guests...but it's so easy to make, you can enjoy it anytime!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 3 pear halves packed in juice, well drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup walnuts , toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 6 cup mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoon prepared oil and vinegar salad dressing
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet in half lengthwise . Cut each half into thirds, making a total of 6 pieces. Roll each pastry piece into 1 (5x5-inch) square. Brush the pastry squares with the egg mixture.
- Cut the pear halves in half lengthwise. Place 1 pear piece on the bottom half of each pastry square. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese, 2 teaspoons walnuts and 1 teaspoon honey. Fold 2 opposite sides of the pastry over the filling. Starting at the short side with the pear, roll up like a jelly roll. Press the seams to seal. Place the pastries, seam-side down, onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Cut 1 (1/2-inch) slit in each pastry top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut the pastries diagonally into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the salad greens into a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Arrange the salad on a serving platter and top with the pastry pieces.