Green Bean Salad with Miso-Cashew Dressing
Provided by: Mark Bittman
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons light (sweet) miso
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and salt it. Add the green beans and cook until they are bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water, then drain again. Put the beans in a serving bowl.
- Combine the vinegar, miso, cashews, soy sauce, and a sprinkle of black pepper with 2 tablespoons water in blender and blend until smooth, stopping the machine to scrape down the sides if necessary. Add a little more water or soy sauce if mixture is too thick.
- Toss the beans in the dressing, taste and adjust the seasoning, and serve.