Grilled Asparagus Salad with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- 1 bunch medium asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Place the asparagus onto a large plate and rub all over with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and place on the grill.
- Grill 2 minutes per side or until the asparagus is tender and slightly charred.
- Remove from the grill and immediately make the dressing.
- Place the lemon zest, juice, and shallot in a medium bowl.
- While whisking, slowly add the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the asparagus in a separate large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat, then season with salt and pepper and mound the salad on a serving platter.
- Garnish with the shavings of Pecorino Romano and serve.